It is often difficult to completely capture 3d objects using the Artec Scanner. The Artec Studio software has inbuilt hole filling functions which can address these limitations.
Holes and Naked Edges result in models which cannot be printed. In order to have printable models, output meshes should be closed. Follow these steps to create a watertight mesh.
Head in to the Edges and Holes Panel by clicking the
[Fix Holes]button on the left of the screen.
- 1.In the
[Holes]tab, holes are arranged by their perimeter length. The largest holes will have the largest perimeter length. These are generally more difficult to fill.
- 2.Select the holes you wish to fill either by selecting them in the model space, or by checking them in the panel.
- 3.You can
[Select All]to attempt to fill all holes.
[Smooth Holes After Filling]should be kept enabled.
- 6.Repeat all steps as necessary.
Boundary Edges can also be smoothed rather than just filled.
- 1.In the [Holes] menu, select the [Edges] tab.
- 2.Select the edges you wish to smooth either by selecting them in the model space, or by checking them in the panel.
- 3.You can
[Select All]to attempt to smooth all edges.
- 5.Repeat all steps as necessary.